Choose 1 sauce (about ¼ cup)
- Lite/Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- Teriyaki Marinade
- Bottled Stir Fry Sauce
Choose 1 starch (1 cup cooked per person)
Cook according to package directions
- White rice
- Brown rice
- Rice noodles
- Whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- Wash and chop selected vegetables into small evenly sized pieces. You may cut them into circles, strips, or cubes as desired. A variety of shapes will make the stir fry more pleasing to the eye.
- Heat a small amount (1 tablespoon or less) of vegetable oil over high heat in a 10-inch frying pan, electric skillet, or wok.
- Keeping the heat high, add vegetables to the pan in order of firmness—harder foods first and ending with the softest foods.
- Toss vegetables to keep from sticking until they are cooked. When stir frying, vegetables should still be crisp and retain their bright color.
- Add sauce to taste (about ¼ cup). Stir Fry until all vegetables are thoroughly coated.
- Serve with starch of choice.
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutrition information (per serving)*:
0.5 g total fat
0 g saturated fat
6 g protein
9 g total carbohydrate
2 g dietary fiber
2 g sugars
560 mg sodium
*Recipe was analyzed using onions, green pepper, broccoli, celery, carrots, and low-sodium soy sauce. Nutritional information will vary with other vegetable combinations. Analysis does not include rice or noodles.